Friday, November 9, 2007

Viruses and FOOD


Well as you can see by ebay I didn't have very good days off. I went to a website for my dad yesterday morning and got a virus which disabled my computer rights. It thought i was a visitor and "It" was the admin. I didn't even have rights to shut down my computer and it renamed my internet explorer and couldn't get my task manager among a million other things. Hubby said it was a bad one. I downloaded a virus scan which didn't find it. So reformat and start from scratch. I hate that when that happens. I didn't get up and running till late last night so needless to say I didn't get much time to get anything done. I did however make a great supper which i will share with you.... every one loved it and i have one picky family when it comes to food.


Chicken Cordon Bleu


6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

6 slices Swiss Cheese

6 slices Ham

3 TBSP Flour

1 tsp Paprika

6 TBSP Margarine

1/2 cup dry white wine (Carlifornia Chardonnay)

1 tsp Chicken Nouillon Granules

1 TBSP Cornstarch

1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream


1. Pound chicken breasts if they are to thick. Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges. Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks. Mix the flour and paprike in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces.


2. Heat the Margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Add the wine and bouillon, Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, until chicken is now longer pink and juices run clear.


3. Remove the toothpicks, and transfer toe breasts to a warm platter. Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet. Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over the chicken. Serve Warm.


Its a great recipe. I doubled the sauce (Wine, Chicken Bouillon, Cornstarch and whipping cream) and put it over white rice which i made to go within. Add some buns and you are all set. This recipe is definately a keeper. Takes about an hour all together to prepare and cook.


Ok lastly i am gonna share a card i found time to make tonight. Its a set i believe by Hero arts. I bought 4 different ones today and off the top of my head i can't remember which was which but this one had like 6 stamps with it. I used 4 of them in this card. I did the birds and tree on stardream paper and colored with pencils and gamsol. I made 3 layers of 3d - then stamped the small scallop circle and inked the edges. I did the next circle which i inked also and added some daisy d textured paper and a couple layers of cardstock. Isn't it great....


Back to work tomorrow fun fun... Have a great weekend. Hopefully I make some more cards to post tomorrow.


No comments: