Thursday, June 19, 2008

Rubbernecker - Kitten stamps




Hope everyone is having a great week. I planned on posting yesterday but this summer my allergies have been acting way up and I took some benedryl. Well that pretty much did me in for doing anything productive yesterday so it was bed early.


I made this card yesterday its a Rubbernecker stamp which are too cute. I watercolored it which I love to do now. I used lacquer on the fishbowl so it looks real. It's hard to lacquer whole areas if you use regular cardstock because it shrinks it and it has a tendancy to warp. Watercolor paper is way thick so it doesn't do the curling thing that regular cardstock does. I believe Fabriano watercolor paper is 140lbs. I distressed the edges and embossed my scallop. I used my cuttlebug to do the piece on the side and then distressed that. I sewed along the edges with my sewing machine as you can see i do almost every card now on my sewing machine. I love how it looks. Almost forgot kitty there is 3d so parts of him pop out. I used Prima flowers and generic Rhinestone brads which I believe I got from Joanns? I also did the inside sewing and distressing.


Will post another card later this evening. Have a great day.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blogtercüme

Anonymous said...

Cute as usual!!!

Melissa

Dianne said...

Very cute! Love the image. I agree about the sewing. I've had a sewing maching and got it back out after seeing how great it looks on cards....